The model/design workshop is used by students throughout their studies in architecture and is equipped for the different tasks assigned in the various design-based courses. The workshop is located at the entrance to the Amado building, ground floor and includes tools and equipment for use with: soft models, wood, plastics, metal, colour processing and finishing, plaster and cement.
The manager of the workshop is Moti Grotman – Phone: (04)8294015, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday – 08:30 – 18:00
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday – 08:30 – 14:30
- Tuesday – 08:30 – 19:00
The workshop may also be opened during evening hours, on request by students, with responsibility left to a designated student.
Machines/ Tools in the workshop:
1. Wood Lab: carpenter’s tables, hand-held tools, circular saw, ribbon/band saw (large and small), sander (horizontal and vertical), column drill (small, medium, large), axial wood lathe, Lima saw for plywood and balsa.
2. Metal Lab: Corner welding, electric guillotine, hand guillotine, tin flexor, punches, metal roller, water pipe bender, spot welding machine, mechanical ribbon saw (small and heavy), grindstone table (small and large), tin soldering stations.
Materials that are provided to students free-of-charge:
Clay, plaster, cement, plastic, tin, wire (1 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm), chicken wire, screws, nails, glue, rivets. In addition to existing workshop wood and metal scraps, the workshop would appreciate any contribution of materials for student use.
Personal equipment required for working in the workshop:
- Protective goggles
- Closed shoes
- Glue gun and glue refills
- Tape measure
- Drill set
- Japanese Knife
- Perspex knife
- Small hammer 200-250 g
- Screwdrivers – Phillips and flat